Sunday, April 11, 2010

Comedy of Personal Pain

It has been a while since my last post. I've been saving notes from books, blogs, and articles as well as fragments of thoughts and incomplete future blogs. This morning I've had a bit of time and decided to actually complete a blog post but... can't find my flash drive that contains EVERYTHING! No backups have been created and it is just simpily misplaced or lost. Such a sense of loss is felt at the moment. Life will go on and notes can be recreated as my reading will continue and random incomplete thoughts jotted down. While amused by the situation I really wish that flash was in my pocket!

3 comments:

The Rambling Taoist said...

As someone who habitually misplaces things, I understand. I've found that one of the best ways to find things is to quit looking for them!

It's uncanny. I spend hours sifting through rooms looking for whatever it is that I can't find. Finally, in frustration, I give up. Once I'm no longer pushing my mind to remember where I had the item last, my brain announces the location.

It's usually in a place I had already looked. My Aspie mind SAW the item, but didn't recognize it as the very thing I was looking for. ;-)

Rizal Affif said...

Hi, Mr. Methodic... nice blog you've got!

I agree with The Rambling Taoist, often when we let go of looking for a thing... it reveals itself (except if it's gone for good) :)

Anyway this could also be an opportunity for you to write without preparation--to let out whatever flows through you, into words :)

Will be waiting for your next post :)

The Crow said...

I no longer even bother to store anything I write.
I gave up the concept of copyrighting, years ago.
I write it, post it, let it go.
If it gets lost before it should, I write something else.
There's always more.