Sunday, March 6, 2011

Light

This morning I decided to attend church with my family. This is still something I do from time to time.  During "Children's Time" the pastor calls all of the children up front for a quick lesson before they attend Sunday School. Todays lesson was titled "Light". The pastor took the children around to spots of light on the floor or to candles and each child had their own light to stand at. At the end he brought a child to stand next to me and said to me "You are light, too!".
This shocked me a bit, especially since I do not like being the center of attention. I've read many blogs lately on being light, heard numerous dharma talks about being light, read books mentioning being light. While everyone was looking as me and listening to the pastor, my head was suddenly swirling. Everything I've learned and tried to understand came together - I am light... and so are you.
It comes from inside and shines outward - shine on.

1 comment:

The Rambling Taoist said...

True, by we also are darkness and, sometimes, we are the flow between the two.